Corporate Social Responsibility has been abused by some as a strong marketing tool and fewer actually apply what they preach. Now more than ever its everyone’s responsibility to be part of creating a better future and safekeeping our already damaged eco-system with the sole bonus of feeling immense gratification.
Reminder of some steps as part of a CSR culture:
- Follow current social needs and assist those derived
- Incorporate CSR related activities during any event
- Reinforce daily office tasks with a goal to reduce waste
- Support local non-profits that rely on volunteers
- Incentivize employees to be actively involved with a cause
- Use the power of social media to gather support, the more the merrier
- Make philanthropy, giving and kindness, part of daily life
So, let’s become activists in our own special way, as every little contribution does matter.
by Myrto Toufexi Kleovoulou